Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Lacemakers, Watercolour

In November / December, I showed steps in the creation of 'The Lacemakers'. I began the piece as a learning process, (rather than with the intention of selling)~ combining transparent watercolours over the graphite drawing. I have had mixed feelings about the results, thinking I am losing some of the delicacy of the graphite, while knowing (with the coaching of a dear friend and amazing artist) that colour has it's own magic! But as with all learning curves, they take on their own life, carrying us forward on journeys which are their own Reward! "THE LACEMAKERS" almost "finished":






1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the intricacy of pattern making within the image, and its organic nature.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave constructive comment only. For any other remarks, questions, please email me.